5 Natural Remedies For Dogs With Seasonal Allergies
Dog allergies can be a BIG problem and a hard one to solve. Most medical intervention is expensive, rarely effective and, it's just not nice to see your dog suffer.
Itchy skin, sore skin, patchy coats, hot spots, digestive issues... all these symptoms (& more) can make life tricky!
The natural remedies below can fight those symptoms while avoiding the potentially harmful side effects of many medications. Please remember to discuss them with your vet before you make any changes to your dog’s diet or supplement routine.
- Quercetin / Turmeric - these have antioxidant, antihistamine, and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps fight cellular activity associated with inflammation, which reduces itching.
- Aloe Vera - has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that make it perfect for treating burns, itches, and hot spots when applied to the skin. If your dog is itching, apply the gel to the affected areas.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - effective for fighting some of the rashes and itch caused by yeast infections
- Coconut Oil - can help suppress inflammatory responses that come with allergies.
- Licorice root - may have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial effects.
These remedies can be given to your dog daily to help support their allergies. You could also consider a supplement that contains some of the ingredients above (surprise, surprise, we have just the product)
Allergy Immunity & Gut Health Treats